CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

THE CINEMALAYA EXPERIENCE


It is the first time I had ever heard of Cinemalaya, but surely not the first time I have heard about independent films. So excitement filled me when I learned that we are required to attend Cinemalaya events.

It was a really great experience!! =) It made my passion about my course ignite more. Seeing all these young directors being able to showcase their talents...I want to be like them someday! This event made me think a lot of my future and what I really want to become in the future. Though i know I am still far from where they are right now, I hope and I will do my best to be there as well. I am now more determined to pursue with Mass Communications (though it is really really really hard! ^_^).


I am proud that we have an event like Cinemalaya. It allows people, directors, producers etc. to produce films where they can express themselves at the medium they prefer. Though this is not that well known to everyone. There is still a good number who appreciate these kinds of films. I noticed it during the Cinemalaya Week. The Cultural Center of the Philippines was always filled people queuing, chatting and whatever. Tickets are even sold out though there are still a lot of people who still want to watch an indie film. These only proves that more and more people appreciate and patronize such films.

I am also happy that the Mass Communication Dept. and St. Scholastica's College allowed us to experience such a great event. It is surely one of those moments which is hard to forget! ^_^

0 comments: