CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

FILM MUSEUM

I’ve been into different museums, but it was my first time to be in a Film Museum, which was located at Quezon City. It was not optional, it was compulsory to join the trip, which means that I should join the trip, whether I like it or not. Since Professor Rondina made it compulsory, it made me expect that the tour will help me to understand the subject and the film industry better.

I became excited and curious on what will I see in the museum. I was also clueless on the things that were there—memorabilia, pictures of actors and actresses, and how the museum presented their ideas and gathered information creatively.

My former block mates were the first batch to go to the museum and I asked them about the tour. They were eager as they told their stories and they became more eager when they said that there were stars at in the museum, and they were willing to take pictures with them. My friend’s words were: “Si Richard Gutierrez andon, hindi umaangal magpapicture!” When I heard those words I became more excited.

As the tour went by, the museum met my expectations because they were able to show me the star’s costumes, old cameras, pictures and props from famous and blockbuster films. They presented their materials and gathered information creatively, and they present how the industry improves their materials and how creative the industry became. The museum helped me to be proud that even with little materials and money they got, they still managed to improve the quality of their works.

I remember the last part of the tour was in the garden, “Paradise of Stars”. And that was the time I remember what my friend told me, that a lot of actors and actresses were there. Indeed there were actors and actresses, but all of those were just pictures, pictures that could not do anything when people took pictures with them. And I was one of the people that took pictures with them.

0 comments: